JES Holdings’ employees were proud sponsors and participants in the 8th Annual Rootin’ Tootin’ Chili Cook-off event benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Columbia. Each year, a committee chooses a theme for the booth at the event, along with fundraisers to be held prior to the day of the cook-off. This year, the theme for the JES Holdings booth was “Red Hot Chili Preppers.” Members of the Metro team constructed a stage, concession stand and a 16 foot guitar to support the rock theme. The booth also included a “photo booth” on the stage complete with a drum set, guitar, keyboard and rock star props. Fundraising opportunities were extended to the community with sponsorships from restaurants, local retailers, and other businesses. Some of the top contributors include Maly Commercial Realty, Providence Bank, Mid-City Lumber Co., The Upper Crust, Music Go Round, BKD, LLP, Central Missouri Aviation, Inc. and Sherwin Williams.
Thanks to everyone’s hard work and generous donations, the JES Holdings’ team won the top fundraising award and collected over $9,000 through sponsor donations and office fundraisers to benefit the Boys and Girls Club. The “Red Hot Chili Preppers” were also recognized with several honorable awards:
- Biggest Bowl Award 1st Place: The primary objective of the Chili Cook-off is to raise money for the Boys and Girls of Columbia. The Biggest Bowl Award is given to the top three teams who raise the most money for the cause.
- Best Booth Award 2nd Place: Trophies are awarded to the top three teams with the best theme, booth design and decorations.
- Best Costume Award 1st Place: Trophies are awarded to the top three teams for the unique and appropriate way costumes support the theme of each individual booth.
- Showmanship Award 1st Place: Trophies are awarded to the top three teams for overall presentation of theme, demonstrations and performances.
- Supreme Chili Award 3rd Place: Trophies awarded to top three teams from each preliminary chili group.
Thank you to the JES Holdings Chili Cook-off Committee members and participants, Carol Hall, Hannah Grewach, Alice Jones, Jennifer Hahn, Matt Covington, Josh Noble, Merri Cross, Asia Johnson, Natalie Giarraffa, Kaitlin Roweton, Aaron Kunnemann, Jordan Bova, Zak Anderson, Matt Farris, Ashley Eaton and Jordan Gulliford for making our fundraising efforts a success.