THIS WEBSITE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR USERS IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY.
IF YOU RESIDE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR OUR SERVICES.
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit one of our Websites.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- Our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
- Your choices regarding how we use and disclose your information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect the following types of information from and about users of our Websites:
- Information that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your age, gender and interests; how you came to the Websites (e.g., search engine, third-party website, media campaign or email); and the pages and features of the Websites you use.
- Information by which you may be personally identified if provided, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“personal information”).
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and your location.
Automatically Collected Information: Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain non-personal information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Information collected automatically may include IP addresses and information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other tracking technologies.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection are:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count specific visitors who have visited certain pages or opened and clicked an e-mail. The information we collect from these beacons is sent to our marketing department.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect on or through our Websites that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes, but is not limited to, personal information provided when you submit a request for information, submit a rental application or submit a request to be contacted by the community; as well personal information provided when requesting materials from the community (e.g., DVDs, white papers and brochures); registering for an event; or subscribing to email communication.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Site.