Celebrate Valentine’s Day this year with a family craft night! There are so many different Valentine’s Day crafts to choose from, but Make it Grateful outlines 12 fun, festive crafts for inspiration in their article here. We highlighted a few of them below.
Shaving Cream Heart Art
- Shallow container
- Foam shaving cream
- Paint (a combination of red and pink)
- Watercolor paper
- Line your workspace with butcher paper, newspaper or something that is disposable.
- Add shaving cream to your shallow container.
- Add paint and use your skewer to swirl around.
- Place your paper on the shaving cream with paint, remove and then use another piece of cut paper to wipe off excess shaving cream.
- Let your shaving cream art dry completely. Place books over dried prints to flatten if they curl up.
- Use a heart template (you can search “heart template” online to find one) to trace around your prints and then cut into hearts.
Valentine’s Day Birdfeeders
- Cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 4 cups birdseed
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Chop stick
- Spray a spoon with cooking spray and then mix flour, water, gelatin, corn syrup and birdseed together in a large bowl.
- Spray the inside of your cookie cutter with cooking spray and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill it with the birdseed mixture. Be sure to really pack it down.
- Once you have the cookie cutter full, use a chop stick (or similarly shaped object) to make a hole.
- Let them firm up overnight, and then they are ready to hang with the ribbon!